Did you know?
Did you know that the more sedentary lifestyle that you have, the worse it is for your health. Which is bad news for the hundreds of thousands of people who sit in a chair at work for eight hours each day.
Are you one of these people?
Not only will your neck hurt from staring at a screen for long periods of time, but if you spend most of the day sitting in your car, your office chair, or on your sofa at home you are putting yourself at increased risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, a variety of cancers and an early death.
I am not suggesting that you go and run a marathon tomorrow, but if you find yourself sat at your desk with that ‘niggle’ in your back that you can’t get rid of, or if you do just feel that you are living a sedentary lifestyle, then here are some top tips on how to help improve your posture, ergonomics and health!
Tips for the ideal desk setup
- Make sure your chair is the right height for you. This means your eyes should be level with the top of the monitor.
- Your monitor should be positioned directly in front of you, centrally.
- Your back should be straight and your feet should be flat.
- Make sure you get up from your desk regularly and walk around.
- Stretch. If you feel tense, achy. Do the six simple stretches suggested on our website and in our March Newsletter.
At Richmond Osteopaths, we can offer workstation assessments to ensure that your desk is set up correctly. Contact us to find out more.
written by: Rebecca Player